We are looking for an UI Engineering Lead with experience leading a team of developers across regions
Who We Are
- Immediate start
- Global broadcast media OTT team
- International company
- Central location
The Frontend team at Massive comprises of the most talented UI professionals in the industry. Daily, we pioneer new ways for consumers to interact with technology and take pride in delivering world-class experiences on emerging technologies.
Our premium UI software products and UXD consultancy are the principal choice of leading telecom, cable, broadcast, media and aviation companies.
We thoroughly enjoy collaborating with each other and have a passionate and fun culture! Who you are
You are a brilliant software engineering leader with a proven track record of building cross platform applications (or ready to on board the journey) and you're excited about working in the Video-On-Demand industry. You take responsibility for team development through code review, training, knowledge sharing and supporting less experienced colleagues. The RoleHere is what you get to do:
What you need to be successful in this role
- Lead a team of UI Engineers across platforms and technologies including
- Typescript ReactJs: progressive web app and HTML TV apps
- iOS & tvOS
- Android & Android TV
- Requirements gathering, refinement and estimation
- Defining the architecture of OTT solutions
- The specification and delivery of projects using sound software engineering principles with a strong focus on user experience.
- Effective planning to deliver robust, modular and testable code
- Coordinate the work of sub-teams of UI Engineers
- Adhere and contribute to Massive Engineering procedures, code conventions and best practice
- Documentation, including (but not limited to) software design and technical specification.
- Keep abreast of new technology and opportunities in UI engineering that may be utilized by Massive
- Agile development following the Scrum methodology.
We're looking for strong experience in
You should also have
Some of our company perks
- Delivered projects as Senior/Lead
- Experience driving development across multiple technology streams
- The ability to navigate complex challenges and solve interaction problems
- The ability to validate technical solutions through rapid prototyping
- A passion for learning the latest technologies and standards
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques and tools
- Experience leading a team of developers across regions
- Experience in stakeholder management
- Experience in working with third party vendors and integrating with external software
- Expertise in providing guidance to improve a team’s code quality by example, training and code review, helping to upskill team members
- Agile advocate mindset
- Strong experience in CI/CD pipeline set-up
- An ability to create and maintain comprehensive solution documentation
- Strong background in one or more of the core Massive technologies
- PWA: Typescript, React/Redux, Webpack, Docker
- Android: Java/Kotlin, RxJava, Dagger, Gradle
- iOS: Swift, Alamofire, Kingfisher, IAP
- 25 days of annual leave per year
- 5 Sick days
- Coffee/tea and daily office snacks and fruit
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering team who love to collaborate
- Casual dress code
Regular attendance on-site at Massive Prague, Czech Republic office.
Our people are key to our success. Having the right combination of a 'can-do' approach, strong work ethic, integrity, friendliness and attention to detail, you can look forward to thriving in a dynamic, creative, innovative and supportive environment.
If this sounds like you, please send through your CV, and tell us why you’d like to work for Massive.
For information about how we use your data for recruitment purposes please see our detailed policy here: https://massive.co/recruitment-data-policy/