You take responsibility for team development through code review, training, knowledge sharing and supporting less experienced colleagues.
Who we are:
- Immediate start
- Global broadcast media OTT team
- International company
- Central location
Massive is a fast-growing global entertainment technology business. Our mission is to simplify user experiences and make the journey of discovering content as enjoyable as possible. During our twenty-two-year history we've won – and continue to collect – loads of major awards for our software products and design innovations. Recognition is a wonderful thing, but being consistently trusted by the world's biggest broadcast, telecom and airline customers is even more important and unquestionably sets us apart.
Working at Massive means you’ll join a close-knit community of friendly, talented people who are excited about technology and committed to creativity. We empower our people to do their very best, priding ourselves on our fun, informal culture, huge social calendar and strong support for work-life balance. Just as technology continues to evolve and change at a rapid rate, so do we. We are differentiated by our ability to embrace change, run with new ideas, and continuously strive for better.
Check us out here: www.massive.co
Who you are
You are a brilliant software engineer with a proven track record of creating responsive web applications and you're excited about working in the Video-On-Demand industry. You take responsibility for team development through code review, training, knowledge sharing and supporting less experienced colleagues.
Here is what you get to do:
- The specification and delivery of projects using sound software engineering principles with a strong focus on user experience.
- Requirements gathering, refinement and estimation
- Defining the architecture of OTT solutions
- Effective planning to deliver robust, modular and testable code
- Coordinate the work of a team of UI Engineers
- Adhere and contribute to Massive Engineering procedures, code conventions and best practice
- Documentation, including (but not limited to) software design and technical specification.
- Keep abreast of new technology and opportunities in UI engineering that may be utilized by Massive
- Agile development following the Scrum methodology.
What you need to be successful in this role
We're looking for strong experience in
You should also have
- Design Patterns
- Unit Testing using Jest and Sinon
- Build Automation and Continuous Integration
- Delivered projects as Senior/Lead
- The ability to navigate complex challenges and solve interaction problems
- The ability to validate technical solutions through rapid prototyping
- A passion for learning the latest technologies and standards
- Knowledge of performance optimization techniques and tools
- Experience leading a team of developers across regions
- Experience in working with third party vendors and integrating with external software
- Expertise in providing guidance to improve a team’s code quality by example, training and code review, helping to upskill team members
- Experience working in an Agile work environment
- An ability to create and maintain comprehensive solution documentation
Some of our company perks
- 25 days of annual leave per year
- 5 Sick days
- Coffee/tea and daily office snacks and fruit
- Small, creative, close-knit Engineering [AK1]team who love to collaborate
- Casual dress code
- Flexible working
Our people are key to our success. Having the right combination of a 'can-do' approach, strong work ethic, integrity, friendliness and attention to detail, you can look forward to thriving in a dynamic, creative, innovative and supportive environment.
If this sounds like you, please send through your CV, and tell us why you’d like to work for Massive.
For information about how we use your data for recruitment purposes please see our detailed policy here: https://massive.co/recruitment-data-policy/ Regular attendance on-site at Massive London office. Recruiters – Please, do not contact us. We have this role handled.