Principal Designer Massive are on the lookout for an inspiring Principal Designer to join our London team and help shape the future of entertainment and sports technology. You will build trusted advisor relationships with our clients, empathising with their business challenges and personal drivers, leading them to a unified vision of success. You will also use these relationships to identify and explore new opportunities. With this you will drive the growth of Massive. You will confidently set our design teams on the right track, setting a high bar for quality, and be fastidious in your approach to preserving design integrity through to delivery. We want you to lead by example, influence and work with our cross functional teams to deliver great outcomes for our clients. About Us
Massive is a global entertainment technology business. Our mission is to make discovering content as simple and enjoyable as possible. During our twenty-two-year history we've won – and continue to collect – many major awards for our software products and design innovations. Recognition is a wonderful thing, but being consistently trusted by the world's biggest brands is even more important and unquestionably sets us apart. Working at Massive means you’ll join a close-knit community of friendly, talented people who are excited about technology and committed to creativity. We empower our people to do their very best, priding ourselves on our fun, informal culture and strong support for work-life balance. Just as technology continues to evolve and change at a rapid rate, so do we. We are differentiated by our ability to embrace change, run with new ideas, and continuously strive for better.
Check us out here: www.massive.co What you’ll do
- Raise the bar within Design and push us creatively across the full breadth of our project portfolio; spanning discovery and delivery
- Help allocate the resources of the design team to projects
- Review design work, giving constructive and actionable feedback before it goes out the door
- Input where necessary to support in the delivery of design artefacts
- Participate in and lead both team and client workshop sessions
- Prioritise your time effectively working across multiple projects
- Inspire, coach and support people around you to succeed and grow
- Support defining Massive's overall design ambition and strategy
- Operationally, you'll make sure that the teams you work with are equipped to do their very best work and learn together.
- Help to identify and convert new opportunities, representing the company in pitches, contributing to business development
- Deputise for our Design Director and be a human voice, inclusive in your decision-making.
This role is for an immediate start and you must have eligibility to work in the UK and daily attendance in London UK office is required.
- You are an expert in Experience Design preferably from an agency or product-led background
- Have a flawless eye for craft, keen to innovate with design where appropriate
- Demonstrate agility in your approach, effective listening skills and the ability to translate insights into actionable design outcomes and delivered solutions
- Highly Collaborative. Able to lead multidisciplinary teams of designers, developers and product managers using Agile and Lean principles.
- You are attuned to the needs of your team, and have success in developing individual members
- You are able to define and improve Design methodologies, tools and processes
- You can handle pressure and have experience of working in a dynamic and fast-moving environment.
- Able to travel, from time to time
For information about how we use your data for recruitment purposes please see our detailed policy here: https://massive.co/recruitment-data-policy/ Recruiters – Please, do not contact us. We have this role handled.