Be able to lead a team of Intermediate and Associate Analysts on our software delivery projects and become the escalation point for the project.
Who we are
Massive is a fast-growing global entertainment technology business. Our mission is to simplify user experiences and make the journey of discovering content as enjoyable as possible. During our twenty-two-year history we've won – and continue to collect – loads of major awards for our software products and design innovations. Recognition is a wonderful thing, but being consistently trusted by the world's biggest broadcast, telecom and airline customers is even more important and unquestionably sets us apart.
Working at Massive means you’ll join a close-knit community of friendly, talented people who are excited about technology and committed to creativity. We empower our people to do their very best, priding ourselves on our fun, informal culture, huge social calendar and strong support for work-life balance. Just as technology continues to evolve and change at a rapid rate, so do we. We are differentiated by our ability to embrace change, run with new ideas, and continuously strive for better.
Check us out here: www.massive.co Job Summary
The role of the Senior Business Analyst requires you to have a minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Business Analyst. Be able to lead a team of Intermediate and Associate Digital Analysts on our software delivery projects and become the escalation point for the project.
This role requires you to utilise your excellent Business Analyst and Stakeholder Management skills. You will work within a creative Media and Broadcasting environment and you will be working with market leaders in communication and broadcasting in North America, this role requires an experience senior analyst who can be flexible, adaptable and act as a champion for excellence, providing high quality service and be customer focused. What to expect
- You could make significant change and impact within your role, making a substantial difference to the success of our company and your project and BA team, which can be very rewarding for the right person.
- You’ll work to deadlines and juggle multiple tasks, which gives lots of variety
- Become part of an experienced team of Senior BAs – the Senior BAs work closely with the BA Manager to help define, shape and implement quality and governance of the team. Contributing to the team dynamic is very crucial and calling upon your experience and expertise is a vital part of the role.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Leadership experience – be able to lead of team of analyst and be seem as a competent leader
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Independent and result driven approach to tasks
- Excellent analytical, solution lead problem solver with the ability to engage with Senior Management and influence at a senior level.
- Lead and undertake the formal requirements analysis of functional and non-functional requirements using a number of elicitation techniques. Translate these into the appropriate product documentation, such as user stories and UML
- Manage a team of project Business Analysts – where you will be responsible for the quality, accuracy, completeness and usability of the documentation produced by your team. Ensure the BA team adheres to the project governance and control, such as enforcement of project deadlines, schedules and methodologies
- Interact with key internal and external stakeholders – be able to manage the relationship from a Senior Analyst perspective
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional international teams in a multi-disciplinary Agile/Scrum framework environment
- Take a highly consultative approach in managing the customer and provide clear recommendations for solution strategies and options
- Work with Product Owners, UX Designers, Quality Assurance and Development teams to verify and validate requirements and UI design
- Support team members throughout the software life-cycle, including proactively raising of issues, dependencies and risks to Project Managers and Senior Managers
- Must have excellent and effective communication skills both verbal and written, be able to communicate in a clear and concise manner
- Must mentor and coach junior members of the team, offering support, guidance and advice on personal development.
- Must be willing to do international travel as we are a global organisation and we have a global customer base.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Senior Business or Digital Analyst
- Must have excellent Stakeholder Management skills and be able to manage clients expectations through open and honest dialogue
- Must have very strong interpersonal skills – be able to build effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Open and confident communicator, willing to take on all issues in a professional manner and to work with clients and team members until issues are satisfactorily resolved
- Must have excellent verbal and written English – an effective communicator is a vital part of this role. Being able to adapt your communication skills to reflect your audience and your environment
- Must have excellent presentational skills – must be able to present too small to large audiences
- Experience working in an Agile Scrum environment – must be able to demonstrate these skills working with Global Scrum team members
- Technical analysis experience of large-scale projects with an emphasis on backend systems and third-party integration
- Experience of app software development lifecycle, such as Responsive Web, iOS, Android
- Proven experience in delivering bespoke and off the shelf software solutions
- Extensive experience with requirement elicitation, user stories, story maps, UML, data analysis
- Outstanding customer-facing skills. Proven experience in working on client site
This role is for an immediate start and you must have eligibility to work in NY.
- Use of the Gherkin syntax for writing acceptance criteria to support user stories
- Background or experience in broadcast and media is a plus, though other areas will also be considered
- Background or experience of working in an agency is desirable, though other areas will also be considered.
For information about how we use your data for recruitment purposes please see our detailed policy here: https://massive.co/recruitment-data-policy/ Recruiters – Please, do not contact us. We have this role handled.